The Neighborhood Enhancement Program (NEP) is intended to assist low and moderate income homeowners with needed exterior home repairs. The City of Corunna has targeted homes in our south side neighborhood for the enhancement of this program. This includes all single-family residence located south of M-71/Corunna Ave and within the City of Corunna Boundaries. Homeowners can request assistance up to Fire Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00) per property. Funds must be used for exterior repairs on an eligible property and may not be used for junk removal or interior repairs. Please contact Corunna City Hall for more information at (989) 743-3650 ext. 1.
City of Corunna Announces COVID-19 Mitigation Measures
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information contact:
Joseph Sawyer, City Manager
Due to the COVID-19 virus Corunna City Hall is closed to the public. We plan to re-open Tuesdays and Thursdays once our district moves to phase five. You may contact City Hall the following ways and we will get back to you as soon as possible:
• Call (989) 743-3650.
• Go to the City website at www.corunna-mi.gov. You can find email addresses and forms on the website.
If you need to make payments to City Hall, the Corunna Police Department, or Corunna-Caledonia Fire Department here are the options:
• Mail your payment to: City of Corunna, 402 N. Shiawassee St., Corunna, MI 48817.
• Place your payment in the drop box located by the Police entrance.
• Go to the City website at www.corunna-mi.gov and select the On-Line Taxes or Utilities link.
• Call (989) 743-3650 and we can receive credit cards payments over the phone (there are some exceptions as to what the payment is for).
The following operation changes are anticipated to be in effect until May 18th, 2020:
1. All City residents are discouraged from conducting business within City Hall, or any
other city facility that can otherwise be conducted via U.S. Mail, Online at
http://www.corunna-mi.gov/, or via the city drop box located by the East entry to
City Hall. This drop box will be checked continually. Elderly and at-risk Populations
should avoid City Hall and other city facilities.
2. All in-person city board and commission meetings are hereby cancelled.
3. All student/youth related City of Corunna sponsored activities, to include dances,
youth ball & youth hockey activities are hereby cancelled.
4. Student internships are cancelled.
The following operation changes are anticipated to be in effect until May 10, 2020:
1. New City Park and Corunna Community Center reservations will not be allowed.
2. Existing City Park and Corunna Community Center reservations may be cancelled
with a full refund of the reservation fee.
3. All City sponsored parks recreation events, to include Easter Market, Easter Egg
Hunt, are Boy Scout Camporee are ordered postponed.
4. City Administration will be taking measures to afford paid sick time to employees
who may become exposed to COVID-19. All city personnel will err on the side of
5. In-person Public Works related appointments or close contact with the public by
Public Works staff will be paused. Residents are encouraged to call the city rather
than request an in-person meeting to address any concerns. Cemetery operations
will continue as normal.
6. In-person Code Enforcement contact and Rental Inspection operations will
temporarily cease, but enforcement will continue via US Mail.
7. Residents requiring a meeting with a city employee or official should call first to
schedule an appointment.
These mitigation measures have been reviewed and endorsed by the Corunna City Council. For
any further questions regarding City operational changes please contact the office of the City
Manager at 989-743-3650. Any healthcare related questions should be directed to the
Shiawassee County Health Department at 989-743-2355.
If you are looking for information on renting one of the pavilions, gazebos or even the community center, please call Corunna City Hall at 989-743-3650 for availability and pricing.
The 2019 Water Quality Report can now be found by clicking on the document center tab on the left of this screen. The report is filed under the "Public Notices" section.Corunna Parks and Recreation has many events happening at the Community Center. Please click on the "Attractions & Events" tab on the left side of this page.
Street light out?? Power line down?? Do you smell a gas leak?? Getting ready to dig??
Click on the Consumers Energy logo to make a report or check a status.
The City of Corunna is an equal opportunity employer.